1. Open the program: Start -> Programs -> Scansoft Speech -> VoCon 3200 -> EDS v2.0 -> Recognition Evaluator
2. Click "Add" to add a BNF grammar “connected_digits.bnf”. You may click "View" to see its grammar in text style.
3. Click "Start" button at the top left to start recording. To stop recording, you can either by click "Stop" button or keep silence -- the system can detect if your speech ends automatically.
4. When saving your own grammar, you must set "Save as Type" to "All Files" and set the file as "Unicode" in the list box "Encoding".
5. If when you click "start", some red words appear on the "Results" box, then there must be something wrong with your grammar. Correct your grammar and run it again.
Before designing your own grammars for the questions of this excercise, download and investigate a grammar of word loop. Use the word loop grammar to test the recognizer with the commands in the questions. Then you can design the BNF grammar of your own to achieve better recognition accuracy.