BioSCENTer - News and Press
BioSCENTer Press Releases
- 09-February-2012 - iGEM opnieuw in de kijker: Belangrijke les: wil je Elfstedentocht, gebruik dan papier of bacterie Bron: nrc.nl
- May-2011 - Biotechnologie Vlaams onderzoek is wereldtop. Lees ook het artikel over BioSCENTer: Kennisvalorisatie is meer dan commercialisering.
- May-2010 - KVIV
More Press Releases can be found in our Press Archive.
- 23-December-2012 - Defecten ontdekt in kankercellen bij leukemie (partners PF SymBioSys: groepen o.l.v. prof. S. Aerts and prof. J. Cools en Dr. K. De Keersmaecker) Bron: VRT journaal 23/12/2012
- 12-November-2011 - Straks 1,3 miljoen Belgen met diabetes (prof. C. Mathieu, diensthoofd endocrinologie UZ Leuven ) bron: Nieuwsblad.be
- 5-October-2011 - Cartagenia (spin-off ESAT/SCD/SISTA/BIOI) successfully concludes EUR 2.2 million financing round - Visit the Cartagenia website
- May-2011 - Vlaamse regering investeert fors in innovatie
- Sep-2009 - Onderzoekers van de K.U. Leuven realiseren doorbraak in begrip van ontstaan van diabetes - [PDF1] [PDF2]
- 27-Apr-2009 - Overgrote meerderheid van vroege menselijke embryo's draagt chromosomale afwijkingen
GA2, O&N1, ON1.04.14, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven
1:00 pm-5:00 pm
(with participation of prof. dr. ir. Y. Moreau)
ZAP and post-docs W&T and BMW
- regulations on clinical trials-ethical approval /legal provisions concerning clinical research: Katelijne De Nys, Dept. Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences
- medical devices: Dieter Mesotten, Dept. of Cellular and Molecular Medicine
- bioinformatics and genomics: Yves Moreau, Dept. Electrical Engineering (ESAT)
- case study development Remynd: Gerard Griffioen, CSO Remynd
- case study biomarkers: Sabine Tejpar, Dept. Oncology
KU Leuven aud B 01.17 Celestijnenlaan 200C Leuven
9:30 am-6:00 pm
Registration before May 15th : http://www.chem.kuleuven.be/research/bio/bbs/registration.php
With participation of professors J. Cools, Stein Aerts, Thierry Voet and Diether Lambrechts partners in PF SymBioSys
VIB and BGI have teamed up to organize ICG-Europe 2013, the International Conference in Genomics Europe 2013.
The meeting is scheduled to take place From June 26-28, 2013, in Het Pand, Ghent, and promises to be one of the top genomics conferences in Europe in 2013.
More than 50 scientific leaders in the field will present their latest breakthroughs in areas ranging from plant/animal genomics, human genetics,metagenomics, and bioinformatics.
In addition to the scientific program, the meeting will feature a workshop on Innovation-Entrepreneurship and Venture creation in Genomics.
Ever thought about sequencing your own genome ? The workshop on Ethical/Social/Legal implication of Genomics has as guest speakers Lone Frank (writer of the book ‘My beautiful Genome’) and Pascal Borry, an expert in consumer genomics.
Finally, a workshop on Omics technology will feature as keynote Radoje Drmanac, CSO of Complete Genomics, Inc.
The organizers welcome additional speakers at the meeting: a limited number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentations.
The International Conference on Photochemistry has a long-standing tradition in bringing together world-leading scientists working in all areas of fundamental and applied photochemistry and related sciences. The conference will be of interest to all those involved in using light to initiate and study chemical, physical and biological processes in matter. Topics covered include Novel developments in spectroscopy and microscopy, Single molecule spectroscopy, Plasmonics and Photonics, Photochemistry in polymers and material science, Photochemistry in sustainable technology, Basic photochemistry, Labels, Ultrafast spectroscopy, Inorganic and theoretical photochemistry, Photochemistry in Biology, amongst others.
The program for ICP2013 will consist of 13 plenary lectures, 34 invited lectures, more than 100 oral presentations and 2 poster sessions; all of this is condensed into 3 parallel and 10 thematic sessions distributed over six days. We are very happy to already announce the opening lectures on Sunday evening by Professor Stefan Hell and Professor Thomas Ebbesen.
Elzenveld hotel, Antwerp, Belgium
The second International Strawberry Congress will focus on growing strawberries in the next decade.
Host: chairman prof. Bart Nicolai
Faculty building Bioscience Engineering, Jozef Heuts auditorium, Kasteelpark Arenberg 20, 3001 Hever
9:00 am-11:00 pm
With TechWatch4BIOS, BioSCENTer offers a top notch summer school lectured by technology experts of KU Leuven, University of Ghent, University of Antwerp, VU Brussels, VIB and IMEC. They will provide a bird’s eye perspective on several rapidly evolving technologies, including supercomputing, deep sequencing & genomics, proteomics & metabolomics, mass spectrometry (structure identification), NMR, crystallography, nano-biotech, electron & atomic force microscopy, transcriptomics, molecular small animal imaging center, bioinformatics, imaging from single molecules cells and small animals, viral vectors, optogenetics.
As part of the summer school program, 3 unique workshops for career development are offered that will be given by Leuven.Inc appointed professionals. In addition, participants are invited to a site visit at the imec headquarter and the NERF centre for Neuroelectronics.
The course is intended for MA/MSc and PhD students. However, postdocs and even established researchers who want to get initiated in or updated about the new technologies that drive biology and biomedical research are also welcome. The number of participants is limited to 100.
The use of computer simulations for the study and prediction of biological and biomedical processes is growing. Particularly where it concerns complex dynamic systems, such as biological and biomedical processes, computer simulations are indispensable in testing hypotheses and putting information in a quantitative context.